The regular NCISL League rules will apply with these additions or exceptions
1. The NCISL will have two knock out Cup Competitions for men and one for women.
2. All men’s teams are permitted to enter the Men’s Challenge Cup. Only the teams in the bottom 2 men’s Divisions of the NCISL are permitted to enter the President’s Cup. All women’s teams can enter the Women’s Challenge Cup.
3. A player may only play in a Cup game for the team he or she is registered with.
4. A player may not be loaned to another team for Cup matches
5. A player may not play in the Challenge Cup for 2 teams in the same season
6. A player may not play in the Presidents Cup for 2 teams in the same season
7. A player may not play in the Women' Challenge Cup for 2 teams in the same season
8. Any team found guilty of playing an illegible player in a Cup game will default the game. Further discipline action may also be taken against the team
9. All NCISL Cups shall be played on a knockout basis.
10. Teams may decline a place in either Cup competition by informing the League Administrator in writing 7 days before the Coaches Pre Season Meeting.
11. All teams who enter the Cup competitions will do so at the 1st Round. The Board of Directors will determine which teams, if any will receive byes in the 1st Round. No teams will receive byes in subsequent rounds
12. Duration of Cup games shall be two (2) equal time periods of duration of not less than 35 minutes and no more than 45 minutes. If the games are tied at the end of the regulation time, a penalty shoot out will occur in accordance with FIFA laws.
a) Exception is Cup Finals - if the game is tied at the end of regular time, 2 x 10 minutes of sudden death extra time will be played. The first team to score in extra time will win the game. If the game is still tied after extra time, a penalty shoot out will occur in accordance with FIFA Laws.
13. Teams who default Cup Games may receive a fine following consideration of the NCISL Operating Committee.
14. A random draw for the Cup competitions will be made at the Coaches Pre Season Meeting
Player Registration Rules RE: Cup Games
6. A player who is registered to 2 teams
within the NCISL may only play for 1 team in the Challenge Cup and 1
team in the President's Cup Competition.
6. a. Where any player is registered to 2 teams at the start of the
cup competitions or, subsequently, following the start of the cup
competitions, and such teams both play in the same cup competition, that
player must play for the higher level team in the cup competition.
Furthermore, such player may not transition to play on the other team's
cup games even where his/her higher level team has been knocked out of
the cup competition. Note that the "higher level team" is the team that
is assigned to play in the higher League division during the current